Building a brand requires a deep understanding of who you are, who your customer is, and the message you want to convey to the world. We tend to share a lot about this topic on our social media, and there is a reason why. Many different elements make up your brand, and using them strategically can help you build brand awareness, loyalty and ultimately grow your business.
There are 3 main components to your brand: visual elements, brand personality, and brand values.
This includes the following pieces:
1. Brand name: Your brand name should communicate everything you are in one (or a few) words.
2. Logo: The visual trademark of your brand, your logo is one of the most recognizable aspects of your brand that works to build an instant connection to your business.
3. Slogan/Tagline: A quick and catchy phrase that works to solidify your brand position. If you are using a slogan/tagline make sure it is memorable and matches your brand personality.
4. Colours: The set colours that represent your brand and are used in all additional branding elements you create.
NOTE: Colours can have strong associations and meanings. Choosing the right colours for your business requires a thorough understanding of how you want your brand portrayed and who you are looking to connect with.
5. Typography: The fonts you use for all of your branding materials. Stay consistent with your fonts to help build brand recognition.
6. Images: Brand images create a cohesive look.
7. Voice: How your business comes across when you communicate with your customers.
Brand personality is the set of human characteristics you attribute to a brand, basically how you would describe it if it was a person. Having a clear brand personality is essential for forming a connection with your aduience that goes beyond a superfcial level. Reaching your customers through this aspect of your brand can help you build both a relationship and brand loyalty.
TIP: Use your brand voice and a certain communication style unique to your brand to connect with your audience.
Brand values are how a company shows up to the world, even when nobody’s watching. This set of values are the key principles guiding how a company operates. They should reflect what is truly important to your business and be upheld throughout all operations and with every decision you make. This includes your processes, the organizations you decide to support or work with, and how you show up for your customers.
Having a solid understanding of these three parts of your brand will help you build brand awareness and allow you to further connect with your audience on an emotional level.
If you need more help with building your brand or creating awareness, check out our workshops or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!